Spacious, scenic and central, Steam Whistle is home to one of the most gorgeous event spaces Toronto has to offer. Featuring beautiful brick and beam architecture, large multi-paned windows, 30-foot ceilings, hand-hewn support pillars and exposed original brick and a robust green program (see details below), this space is perfect for hosting of the 2020 LEAP Conference and Awards.
255 Bremner Blvd.
Locomotive Hall | Bay 10
Toronto, Ontario M5V 3M9
- All Natural Ingredients: Steam Whistle uses only four, all natural ingredients, all GMO-free, Spring water, malted barley, hops and yeast.
- The Green Bottle REALLY is Green: Their unique green glass bottle is made with 30% more glass & can potentially be refilled 45 to 55 times.
- Water Conservation & Purification: A new bottle washer, keg filler & shower heads on the packaging line have helped conserve water while eliminating phosphate-based cleaning agents have improved water quality.
- BullfrogPowered Brewery: Steam Whistle Brewery chooses clean, renewable power with Bullfrog for 100% of their electricity requirements, sourcing their power from Bullfrog’s wind & low-impact hydro generators that are EcoLogoM certified.
- Cleaner Fuel for Cleaner Air: Canada Clean Fuels has been supplying Steam Whistle’s truck fleet with H20 Bio Fuel since late 2006. A mixture of soya fuel & recycled restaurant oil.
- Keeping Cool: Steam Whistle Brewing has opted to use Enwave’s Deep Water Cooling for climate control in their building instead of conventional air conditioners, and to chill their beer during aging.
- Steam Heat: Steam is the most efficient form of heat & is the exclusive resource used by Steam Whistle to heat water for brewing/bottle washing & for climate control of the brewery.
- Energy Efficient Equipment & Lighting: Steam Whistle’s new state-of-the-art Brewhouse reduces their waste water output by 2/3 and also reduces the energy needed to brew. Their brewery is adapting energy-efficient fixtures & bulbs as old fixtures burn out or as they expand their facilities.
- Waste Diversion: The brewery diverts 98% of waste from operations away from landfill by using or recycling these bi-products. Editable leftovers from events go to a local street mission, spent grain to farmers & they recycle paper, glass, aluminum cans, etc.
- Clear Air Commute: Clean Air Commute is possible with their proximity to local bike paths, transit, commuter trains and they provide showers, towel service and bike racks for staff.
- Support for the Green Community: Steam Whistle leads support to many sustainable organizations & events annually, hoping to help integrate environmental responsibility into daily lives.
- Retro Electro-Green Electric Powered Hot Rod: This custom built, earth-friendly vehicle combines a 1958 pickup with a high efficiency AC motor powered by 100% green electricity from Bullfrog. Possibly the world’s first wind-powered hot rod!